Arizona Tiki Oasis 2020!
Tiki Oasis announces its second annual event in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Event: Arizona Tiki Oasis
Date: Thursday, April 23rd – Sunday, 26th, 2020
Location: Hotel Valley Ho, 6850 E Main St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Media Contact: Lee Joseph, Reverberations Media
Welcome to Arizona Tiki Oasis 2020, an island lifestyle party in the middle of the desert, held at one of the best-preserved Mid-Century hotels in America―Hotel Valley Ho (est. 1956). Hosted by Otto and Baby Doe von Stroheim, Arizona Tiki Oasis is the sister event to the current, long-running, and much-loved Tiki Oasis, San Diego.
What to expect at Arizona Tiki Oasis?
By day, relax in a cabana by the pool, browse through a bustling Tiki artist marketplace, enjoy our pop-up art show featuring international Tiki artists, schedule soothing spa treatments, hop on a local Mid-Century architecture tour, or take in educational seminars on topics, such as how to make the perfect Tropical Cocktail to history of Tiki in the Southwest.
In the evening, dress snazzy for adult activities that include a luau, rooftop parties with one-of-a-kind views, poolside swinging sounds and live entertainment, invitation-only swanky suite events, and late-night dancing with DJs from across the globe.
Although many events will be all-ages, such as the marketplace and seminars, the overall event is adult-oriented.
“When the Tiki Oasis crowd hits Hotel Valley Ho, it is the perfect marriage of Mid-Century and Polynesian Pop style” – Otto von Stroheim, Tiki Oasis
- Arizona Tiki Oasis 2020 benefits Arizona Preservation Foundation.
- Hotel Valley Ho hosted Luau featuring Polynesian Dancers and a roasted pig!
- Marketplace featuring over 60 curated artisans offering a variety of Tiki curios
- Over 20 Educational Seminars highlighting topics such as Tropical Cocktails, the history of Tiki, Lounge music, Mid-Century architecture. Pin-up hair & Make-up, and more!
- Local bus tours highlighting abundant Scottsdale and Phoenix Mid-Century architecture.
- The singing sensational pin-up darlings from Hollywood, The Satin Dollz.
- A continuous soundtrack of Tiki and Mid-Century Lounge music will be provided by local favorites, Moonlight Magic and Los Angeles Tikiyaki Orchestra and international disc jockeys all day and night.
- Pop-Up art show featuring international Tiki artists.
Photos from Arizona Tiki Oasis 2019:
Press Features from Arizona Tiki Oasis 2019:
Echo Magazine: Tiki Oasis makes its Arizona Debut
Phoenix New Times: Tiki Oasis Brought the Island Party to Scottdale
MORE ABOUT TIKI OASIS
Tiki Oasis celebrates its 20th event in 2020! Southern California’s family-run Tiki Oasis was conceived in 2001 as a fundraiser to support the rehabilitation of the Palm Springs Caliente Tropics Motel, the most elaborate of a chain of five California Tropics Tiki motels and an important part of Tiki history. The event was moved to San Diego in 2006 to support the historic Bali Hai Restaurant and Hanalei Hotel. Now Tiki Oasis is proud to be the original and largest Tiki event in the world and features five nights and four days of live music, dance, DJs, vendors, fashion show, poolside entertainment, car show, kids activities, art exhibit, plus top experts giving educational presentations all taking place on a private 44-acre island, Paradise Point. Its sister event, Arizona Tiki Oasis made its successful debut in 2019 and brings the island lifestyle to the desert in full Mid-Century glory.